Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Are You A Creative?

To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted ~ George Kneller

Dark Blue, Teal Green and Purple Yarn Wreath Purple Willow Wreath with Orchids Yellow and Purple Wreath Grapevine with Hydrangeas and caged bird

I never put myself in the creative category, and neither did anyone else. To be a creative, you actually had to do something creative. That did not define me. In fact, I told everyone I was not creative. I can't paint- I can't draw- I can't create was my motto. It's not that I didn't want to be creative. I did. I simply did not have a painting or drawing ability, and honestly, I did not have much patience to practice. One day I picked up blogging, and I realized I liked creatively putting words together. I begin to look at the world differently- myself differently. Letting go of the "I can'ts" and "I'm nots", I explored creative avenues I enjoyed. Now, here I am running a creative business.

I love this little adventure called, life. God leads in so many ways that are unexpected. He gives me eyes to see His world "afresh", as Kneller puts it. I'm thankful for this new opportunity. I'm excited about eyes to see and creativity coming from my own finger tips (finally).

Thank you for reading here and for supporting Lady Belles!

Enjoy your day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment